Why is buying meat from the larder Meat Co. better than buying meat from the store?
- You are supporting small, family owned ranches.
- Pasture raised meat is healthier than conventionally raised meat (it contains 50% more omega 3s).
- You are buying from a much smaller supply chain with a much smaller carbon foot print.
- We harvest all of our animals every month and then ship immediately after processing, ensuring that you will receive the freshest meat available.
- You know exactly where your meat comes from (did you know that retailers do not legally have to state the country of origin of the meat they sell?)
- Our meat tastes better! Once you roast a pasture raised chicken, fry Mangalista bacon, or grill a grass fed, dry aged Rib Eye you will never want to go back;)
What is the delivery schedule & AREA?
You will receive your box once per month (deliveries begin on the third week of the month). You will be notified a week prior to delivery with a specific delivery date as well as the day before your delivery is shipped (which can be rescheduled if needed). We deliver free of charge to any residence or business in California, Arizona, and Nevada.
how is the meat packed?
All of our meat is vacuum sealed and labeled with the farm that it came from. We ship your order overnight in a biodegradable cooler that will keep your meat frozen until you receive it.
Our meat is delivered frozen for two reasons. First, we want you to receive the meat as fresh as possible. All of our meat is vacuum sealed and flash-frozen, to preserve it at it's peak. This means the chicken and pork are frozen immediately after harvest and the beef after a minimum of 15 days of dry aging. The second reason our product is frozen is so that you can stock your home freezer with a month's supply of locally raised meat and thaw it as needed. Just think, you can check one more item off of your grocery list, without ever going to the store. Your meat purchasing needs for a whole month are just a click away!
How long will it last?
As delivered, the meat will remain at peak freshness if stored in your freezer until the day you plan on using it. If kept frozen, the meat will remain at peak freshness for up to six months. After thawing (we highly recommend thawing overnight in your refrigerator), the meat will be best prepared within two to three days.
Here is an idea of how to use the meat over the course of a month:
- Week One- Roast Chicken (Make Chicken Stock with the bones & Posole with the legs), Grill Steaks
- Week Two- Make Meatballs, Lettuce Wraps, and/or Sloppy Joes
- Week Three- Cook Roast (large box only), Use remaining Steaks or Kebab Meat for Kebabs, Tacos, or Fajitas
- Week Four- Burger Night, Use Ground Pork for Bolognese, Lasagne, or Meatloaf
- Breakfast- Bacon (save the rendered fat, it's delicious!) or Breakfast Sausage